So I started decorating and I am in the process of getting everything all Christmased up. I'll take pictures as soon as everything is done and I can clean. But for now I thought I'd write up a random little list of things that I am loving right now.
1. The play mobile Nativity set. It's not really very cute I know but, it is perfect for the boys. We have a beautiful set that my parents got us our first Christmas but it's made of glass and I really wanted the boys to have something that they could play with and touch. So last night I pulled it out and we told the story while we put it up. I just really want them to know that Santa isn't the most important part of Christmas and that we give gifts because the Savior gave us the greatest gift of all. Anyway, it seems to be a big success and it was only 11.99 on sale. We found our set at Target.
2. I am loving living in Louisville, seriously. I know that, that is a shocker to everyone in my family seeing as how I wasn't excited at all to move to Kentucky. I mean come on, it's....Kentucky. But I love it here. People are really open and relaxed. The people here are not fans of big box stores. So in a huge city there is only really one mall and I only know of a few Walmarts and Targets. Instead the whole city is filled with little shops and boutiques. Self owned and friendly. I love that! And I am especially enamored by our street. All old Victorians. A huge mix of people. Old and young but almost all artists. It's the kind of street where Mark and I can say we are a photographer and an actor and people don't stare at us like animals at the zoo. Plus, the real bonus is that someone on the street made big giant Candy Canes out of wood and painted and hung them on all of the telephone poles and big velvet bows. No one knows who did it. But turning on my street makes me so incredibly happy right now.
3. Red is my favorite color with green in a close second. Christmas and I? Totally meant to be!
4. Hot Chocolate. My favorite kind is Stephens I like the hazelnut but the raspberry and the mint chocolate are so amazing. However it is really hard to find here. So here in my new trick to the best hot chocolate ever.
Buy whatever cheap generic brand of hot chocolate they have at the store and then add, International Delight coffee creamer. See, I don't actually drink coffee but just adding a little shot of creamer to hot chocolate makes it amazing. Right now International Delight has holiday flavors and I am LOVING the pumpkin pie spice in my hot chocolate. Try it! It is so good.
5. There are a few new blogs that I am loving to read right now:
I don't know Jenny at all but I love her vintage style. I could never pull off pink or blue at Christmas because I love red to much but I do think that her decorations are so pretty.
Sarah from American Crafts has a blog called clippings, it is full of great design products. I love going there and seeing what she has found. She has such a great eye for things. And she has gotten Christmas discounts on everything.
These Photographers are so amazing. I love their work. If I had my wedding to do over I would hire them in a heart beat. Seriously, amazing.
6. Okay, if you do nothing else I have listed here but read these books than I will be happy. I read Twilight and New Moon a while ago. My sister talked me into them and I was hesitant to get them when she told me the topic, but I have learned to trust her book choosing abilities. It helps that she has a Masters Degree in children's lit. ( here is her blog for her reading group if you want more advice on books. http://childlitbookclub.blogspot.com/) I read the first book in six hours on the flight to Japan. That left about 7 more flying hours and I honestly couldn't read the other book I had because Twilight was so good I knew that I couldn't read anything else and not be disappointed so soon afterwards. But I didn't tell anyone about them for a while because how do you tell someone to read a book about a teenage vampire love story and not sound like a fool. However my excitement for them overcame that and I recommended them to a few close friends and they loved it so now I am recommending them here.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. You can find it on Amazon or at any book store really. Amazon just listed it as one of there top ten books of the decade so I guess I don't feel so bad about recommending it!
Okay that is all for now! Hope everyone is having a good week!