I suppose at some point I should update right? My problem is that as the day's went by and more and more time passed I became overwhelmed with how much I needed to write and then there is the added pressure of having to write something good since it's been so long. And well you know...I put it off. But now here I am back again. So I'll try to wrap the last few weeks up.
1. We packed. We moved. We drove into a septic tank with our truck. We unpacked. We drove on to Missouri and then Utah. Wait, what? You're wondering about the septic tank? Yeah, we moved all of our items to my sisters home that they are renting for storage and apparently who ever originally built it had the brilliant idea of placing the septic tank under the driveway so the cement lid..which no one knew was there broke as the truck backed in and the entire back end fell into the septic tank. Nice. Luckily it wasn't deep enough for any sewage to get into the truck but...it's took a long to time figure out a way to get it out. However...we did and everything is good now.
2. We drove a total of 4 days. Got to Utah and had three days to rest before leaving to California and Disneyland followed by CKU. We drove with my parents they took us all as a graduation present for Mark's masters. And really after having driven so much the boys were amazingly good. They LOVED Disneyland. We went back and forth between Buzz Lightyear and Pirates. I think we rode them like 500 times in the three days we were there. They were Cole's favorites. Grant liked Thunder mountain and Star tours. The photo's are on a camera that is with Mark right now so I'll have to add them to the blog later.
3. CKU was great. I always love teaching at CKU's. It's so much work but if you can help just one person use their camera in a new way than it all feels worth it. It's also so great to get to see all my friends and meet new people. People who are passionate about the same things l love. It's always an uplifting experience.
4. Afterwards we went to see my Grandparents at Lake Tahoe. It was so great getting to see them and be with them again and see my boys with them. I'm so sad watching all the news about the major fire there. So many homes are gone. Luckily my grandparents live on the north side so they are away from the flames but it is still so sad.
5. Mark left from Reno to New York for the summer and auditions. Things are going well for him. He has been offered a few parts and been invited to audition for some major Broadway shows so hopefully something will work out soon. It's so hard being apart. But I am so happy he is getting this opportunity.
6. We returned home to my parents after that. I LOVE MY PARENTS. I couldn't ask for more amazing people in my life. They are creative, brilliant, kind and supportive people. I love watching them with my boys and seeing them teach them new things. I really couldn't write enough about how much they are helping us right now and how grateful I am for it.
7. Leslie Miller and I have been talking about books for the last month or so and we thought it would be fun to have a little book gathering so I said I would host first. We had everyone bring two of their favorite books so we could all get summer reading ideas.
Here is the thing. As many of you know I get a little carried away with things. I get these big great ideas, which sometimes happen but often times don't because I can't figure out a way to execute them. BUT my Mom, is excellent at taking my crazy ideas and making them bigger and better and between the two of us we are able to figure out how to get things done. So we made the party into a garden tea party. We hung candles with ribbons in the trees and used every piece of crystal and china around for the food. I made paper banners and tissue paper and pattern bows. And then I invited my friends here in Utah. It was so great seeing them all! And although we were a bit late in getting everything up and going I think everyone had a good time. At least I hope so. Here are a few photo's. My wider angle lens broke at CKU and I have yet to replace it so. It was hard to take good photo's showing what it really looked like. This first one my Dad took.
I'm not sure why I didn't take any of the people who came? You'd think being all scrapbookers some of us would have taken photo's but alas no such luck!
And now life is starting to settle down. The summer is filled with swim lessons, sprinklers, the mountains,parks and piano lessons. I'm ready for it to be calm again!