If you've been reading this blog for a while you know that I don't talk about business that often, but I've been getting lots of requests asking about workshops and classes I'm teaching and where they can find them. It's official! We are going to offer a summer session of Oh Shoot, the most popular photography class I have ever taught. I didn't teach an online class last summer because I was so busy teaching live workshops for Canon and in France, but the requests for a summer class were so high we decided to offer one session this summer!
The next session of this class will be May 23 - July 11, 2011.
Registration will begin May 9th, 9 pm eastern time.
You will want to be there right at 9 because the extended session of the class has been selling out within minutes each time!
There are two versions of the class:
$126 - Standard class: Includes all videos, class downloads, daily e-mails, as well as a private class forum and gallery. This is a great class for someone who wants to follow along or go at their own pace.
$179 - Extended class: All of the standard, plus comments on your photos by Candice. Class size extremely limited and fills up fast.
Here is the class description:
Oh Shoot! Beginning Photography
Do you have an SLR that's never left the automatic setting? Do the words aperture and shutter speed send fear to your heart? Join Candice for a 7-week, intensive, instructor-led class. You will receive lesson plans, assignments, and video tutorials, be able to join in live video chats with questions, and have your work reviewed by the instructor. You may start out class on automatic but you will leave with an understanding of manual!
Oh Shoot, is a beginning 7-week instructor-led photography online course just for beginning SLR users. In this course Candice Stringham will guide you to a greater knowledge of your camera and how it works. In just 48 days (with a small break in the middle if you need to catch up) you will be well on your way to better understanding of your camera and it's features. This class is PACKED with information, inspiration, and the benefit of a personal tutor as you begin your photography journey.
Let's summarize some of the features of our class:
- I'll walk you through the different modes on your camera and how to use them.
- I'll address basic camera techniques, teach you about finding and using natural light, and composition rules.
- Step-by-step video tutorials let you see and hear the techniques
- You'll get a lesson plan and assignment each week.
- You'll get an email from me 5 days a week for seven weeks (with a small break in the middle for catching up), with encouragement, coupons, and inspiration
- You'll get access to our private class message board, where you can chat with other participants about anything you like and there are T.A.'s that quickly answer any questions!
- I'll be available once a week for a class video chat to answer any questions about the lesson and assignment from the week, it's like being in a live class with me to not only tell you but show you the answers.
- You'll get access to our class image gallery, where you can upload your lesson photographs and get praise and feedback from other students and a critique from the instructor
- All of the videos you'll see will be available forever from your course home page at JessicaSprague.com. No expiration, even after the course ends!
- You'll also get a bonus downloadable handout and video about photography equipment and what to look for when buying cameras, lenses and accessories.
Learning photography is a journey, and it requires some investment. But I promise that learning how to use your camera will change the quality level of your photographs forever!
To sign up go to www.Jessicasprague.com
I'd like to give one spot in the standard class away! Post here with your email address to enter and tell me what you want to learn most about your camera. For a second entry, post about the class on your blog or facebook and comment one more time!
Please note the contest is closed! A winner has already been chosen! Just scroll up to the posts above.